Savvy IT solutions help organizations restore data and application services to meet Recovery Time and Recovery Point Objectives (RTO/RPO). For the highest priority applications, Savvy IT offers world-class clustering and data replication technologies from leading software vendors. For less critical applications, backup and recovery tools ensure that data is protected and can be safely restored.
Traditional disaster recovery solutions are costly and complex as they require doubling your hardware (and cost) for protected applications in an alternate location. Savvy IT can develop solutions using new virtualisation software, such as VMware ESX Server, therefore avoiding like-to-like hardware requirements for Disaster Recovery planning. What this means you and your business can benefit from;
- Rapid recovery - single step recovery from system images to any hardware, in any location.
- Reduced costs of Disaster Recovery - recover to existing or underutilised hardware as virtual machines rather than specific physical servers.
- Improved data protection - VMware virtual infrastructure lets you use your existing backup tools and methodologies in a virtual environment.
- Quicker data recovery - full-image backups by using third-party backup products that capture an entire virtual machine as a small number of files.
- Simplifies server image protection - VMware virtualization encapsulates a complete system - system configuration, application installation, and data, into a small set of files. As a result, complete protection of systems, applications, and data can be achieved without the complexity of traditional solutions.
- Non-disruptive backup opportunities - use of products such as VMware Consolidated Backup provides an easy to use, centralized backup facility for for backing up your virtual machine contents from a centralized Microsoft Windows 2003 Server.
What we Offer
Overall Business Continuity planning
- Identification and prioritisation of critical functions and their interdependencies - including people and technology
- Systems restoration targets and defined acceptable downtimes
- The creation and maintenance of a comprehensive Disaster Recovery and/or Business Continuity Plan
- The assessment of existing backup and recovery methods and identification of improvements
DR Data Centre Options
- Hosting your entire organisation's DR requirements at our DR facility
- Data centre assessment and transition planning
- Network and IT Infrastructure connectivity for dual sites, including dual network links, server consolidation etc.